Have you been craving for homemade waffles? The idea of surprising your family on the weekend gives you more energy to handle the day. But wait; do you even have a waffle maker? Relax if you don’t have one. There are other genius ways you can use to make a waffle without even using a waffle maker. If you have a grill pan or a silicone mold in the house, then you dream of surprising your loved one will come to pass. Here is what you need.
Table of Contents
How to Make Waffles Using a Grill Pan?
Grill pan has multiple uses, and that’s why you require having one. It’s not only helpful when preparing some steaming hot waffles, but you can use it to grill other meat cuts and vegetables. It’s easy to use. Its stainless steel handles remain cool even when the heat is on. After cooking, cleaning is easy. So what do you require?
Here is what you need
- A bowl
- A spatula
- Grill pan
Check the Ingredients below
- All-purpose flour- I cup
- White sugar -1teaspoon
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder- 2 teaspoons
- An egg
- Milk- ¾ cup
- Melted butter-1/6 of a cup
- Vanilla extract-1/2 teaspoon
Here Is the Step By Step Guide on How to Make a Waffle
1. Put your egg and milk in a bowl containing melted butter. Beat them together.
2. Pour sugar, salt, baking powders, and one cup of all-purpose flour in the mix and whisk them. Don’t stop until you see a formation of a smooth runny batter.
3. Let your grill pan heat on medium heat. Smear some butter all over your grill surface. The grill pan is ready when you see the butter beginning to sizzle.
4. Use a spoon to put your batter on the grill. Form some circles with the batter on your grill pan.
5. The outer part of the waffle should be crispy while the inner should be fluffy. To achieve that, you must turn the heat of your grill down to medium-low.
6. Don’t stop grilling until the waffles edges and bottom is golden or crispy. Flip it using a spatula and grill the bottom side until it turns crispy.
7. Once its ready, put it in a container with a lid to allow it to remain warm. Repeat the process until the batter ends.
8. If you want to spruce up your delicacy, consider adding in some fresh diced fruits and enjoy your breakfast.
How to Make Waffles Using a Silicone Mold?
If you have a silicone mold, you can still achieve your objective of making yummy waffles. Silicone mold comes with numerous benefits. Apart from being easy to clean, they are spacious. You can cook up to four waffles at once, making your cooking faster and easy. So, what do you require?
What you require
- A bowl
- Silicone mold
Here is the list of the Ingredients
- 3/4 cup of plain or non-dairy milk
- One egg
- A half-cup of either oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extra
- A cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
Follow the Steps Below
1. Start by preheating your oven to 220 degrees.
2. Mix egg and milk in a bowl containing melted butter and beat them together.
3. The next ingredients to add are sugar and salt, as well as flour and baking powder. As you whisk the mixture, you will notice lumps. To finish the lumps, whisk until you see a formation of a smooth runny batter. Now your batter is ready
4. On your silicone mold, pour some batter. Leave it to bake in the oven for at least nine minutes.
5. Before removing it, ensure the top is golden brown. Remove it and enjoy your meal.
Why Do Waffles Stick?
Are you feeling excited and can’t wait to have a taste of the waffles? Imagine when removing you notice they are sticking on the surface, what a letdown. They can stick if you put the batter in a hurry without waiting for the waffle maker to be hot enough. If you are using a grill pan, don’t pour batter until you see the butter sizzling.
Maybe you might decide to cook using spray to protect your waffles from sticking. The excessive spray will do the opposite and make your waffle sticky.
A very thin batter is also likely to stick. Avoid putting in much milk to make it thicker.
Use a Waffle Maker Machine
A wafer maker machine is also called a waffle iron. People use this small electric counter appliance to make waffles. There are several types of waffle irons that you can consider when purchasing. Some common ones include the Belgian waffle iron, the classic waffle iron, flipping waffle iron, among others. Before purchasing, know their differences and advantages.
1) Do I need a waffle maker?
In the absence of a waffle maker, you can still use grill and silicone mold to make waffles. Nevertheless, the waffle maker machine is essential. There are a variety of delicacies you require the waffle maker to prepare. They include waffle scrambled eggs, waffle-fried chickens, chocolate chip cookie waffles, and waffle crust pizza, among others.
2) Why Is My Waffle Not Crispy?
If your waffle fails to be crispy, it could be as a result of a few reasons. If you put the batter when the waffle iron is not hot enough, your waffle will not become crispy. Before adding the batter, ensure the butter in the waffle iron is sizzling.
A very thick batter may also make your waffles not to be crispy. Add some milk to make the butter lighter, and your waffle will be crisper.
Cooking using a waffle iron all through may prevent your waffles from being crispy. The best option would be to finish cooking your waffles in a preheated oven. It will help them to become crispy.
3) Are Pancake And Waffle Mix The Same?
They have a difference in terms of their ingredients, preparations, nutritional value, and methods of cooking.
4) Can I Use Pancake Recipe for Waffles?
Yes, you can, but you require adding a few things to make a good waffle. You should add more fat (at least one tablespoon). You also need to sweeten the mix using ¼ cup of sugar. Whip the egg whites in the mix too.
You don’t have to wait until you buy a waffle maker machine for you to bake some waffles. If you have a grill pan or a silicone mold, you can still make and enjoy your waffles. You require the right ingredients in the right amounts.