Desserts, a kind of sweet dish with many varieties are preferred by all. No, it is not the main food or healthy diet that your body requires. But it is mouth-watering, tongue-licking, delicious dishes that are usually taken after having your main meal as for change. We all know that the food culture differs with the change of regions. The same thing can be said for desserts also. In this article, I am going to discuss a very special kind of dessert that certainly going to make you just love it.
Today what I have brought for you is a unique kind of dessert that comes from France, a country that is known for passion and romance. It is Crème Brulee. It is a classic French dessert that is made of baked, smooth, and creamy custard topped with caramelized sugar. Vanilla, orange, chocolate, and some other fruit flavor are added to the custard, and liqueur is mixed on the top with the sugar to get the exotic taste out of it. This delicious, tongue-licking dessert is best served immediately after caramelizing its sweet and sugary surface.
Although it is better to serve Crème Brulee hot, still you cannot stop yourself from storing it as you wish to take it again some days later. Then, Does Crème Brulee Need To Be Refrigerated? This would be an important thing that you need to know. Come, and open the whole text from chapter one.
Table of Contents
Preparing Crème Brulee in your kitchen is not a tough task for you if all the ingredients can be arranged easily. They are-
Ingredients For Custard
1. 4 cups of heavy cream
2. ¾ cups of sugar
3. 1 vanilla bean
4. 7 large egg yolks
5. ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
Apart from all these again you need ¾ cups of sugar for topping. All these are required to prepare Crème Brulee for 8 people.
1. At first you have to prepare all the baking dishes and preheat the oven to 350°F and then take some water in a kettle to boil.
2. Place 8 nos. 5oz baking dishes in a large roasting pan.
3. Take the cream in a medium-sized saucepan and add half of the sugar. Then scrape vanilla seeds into the pan. Now heat the mixture over medium for 7-8 minutes until bubbles emerge around the edges of the pan.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks adding the remaining sugar and salt.
5. Pour a little cream mixture using a ladle into the egg mixture and whisk the whole thing again. Add 2 more ladles of cream one at a time to the whole mixture and whisk for each time.
6. Now allow the mixture to strain through a fine sieve into a measuring cup.
7. Divide the whole mixture equally among the baking dishes. Place the pan in the oven; add much boiling water so that it could come in touch with the sides of the dishes. Now bake the mixture for 30-40 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and then remove the dishes and place it on a wire rack for 30 minutes. After that, cover the dishes with plastic wrap and allowed them to cool for another 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle 11/2 tablespoon of sugar over each of the custards and then take a flaming torch and pass it 1”-2” over all of them in a round motion for some while.
10. If you find the sugar bubbles turn amber and the surface becomes smooth, it means your Crème Brulee is ready to serve immediately.
It is not expected always that all the Crème Brulee that you’ve prepared so far can be eaten completely. There must be some spare or leftover remains. In that case, you have to find out the way for storing them so that you can have them some days later. But how it could be managed? Does Crème Brulee need to be refrigerated? If the answer is yes, then you have to know everything about it. Here you go-
If you want to preserve the uneaten Crème Brulee for further use then it cannot be left at normal temperature for more than 2 hours. Instead, you can keep it inside the refrigerator for about 30 -40 minutes before serving. This is not the only purpose, in fact, as I said earlier. This kind of dessert traditionally to be served cold.
The Refrigerating Process
Before you go for refrigerating all the Crème Brulee you have to transfer the baking dishes to wireframe. Then let it for cooling for 2 hours. Now place the dishes on a rimmed baking sheet and then cover it securely with plastic wrap and finally place it inside the refrigerator until it is properly cold.
If you find the Crème Brulee turns to condensed but the center of it still trembling, it means your dessert is ready for gobbling anytime you wish. To make this possible you have to keep it inside the refrigerator for at least 2hours and up to 2-3 days. This will certainly make it an ideal dessert and it would definitely earn you a lot of praise for your skill.
How Long Does Crème Brulee Last?
There is a common belief that once prepared and then kept inside the refrigerator, Crème Brulee lasts for weeks. But before keeping them inside the refrigerator, if these desserts are kept in an air-tight container, the Crème Brulee lasts for not more than 3-5 days. But if the humidity level of air is high, especially during the monsoon, you cannot afford to store it but have to take it immediately after being drawn out of the refrigerator.
Some Common Factors
While preparing or storing this dessert few common factors should be kept in mind. Here they are-
1. These desserts are traditionally baked in wide and shallow baking dishes or ramekins. Unless you may find the base of your Crème Brulee is overcooked at the edges and undercooked in the center.
2. While preparing the recipe, you have to take egg yolks instead of whole eggs. This made the dessert tender, rich, and creamy.
3. Although hot water is required to bake Crème Brulee, water should be restricted to come in touch with the dessert directly. It could make the Crème Brulee soggy from the inside. You should wrap the sides and bottom of the ramekins with aluminum foil to handle the problem.
So finally, I have come to an end of this topic where I put up an honest effort to provide you with all kinds of information related to Crème Brulee, a kind of tasty, delicious dessert. Although it is an unhealthy thing considering the presence of heavy cream, a good amount of egg yolks, and a pile of sugar, but still it is one of the most preferable desserts that you cannot ignore for sure.